Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tofu and Mushroom ala Abia


Since I'm running out of time before hubby came, I ransack my refrigerator and the result...fast, healthy and most of all, very affordable meal. 

I know you guys are thinking, "Why do I have an extra tofu?"
Honestly, we do always have Tofu.  My hubby happen to love Tofu.

Okay, so here it is...my own version of stir-fry tofu.


Let's go Veggie! 

*Estimated time of cooking: 15-20 minutes

Ingredients:


  • 2 blocks of Tofu, cut into cubes
  • 1 cup button Mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 small onion, thinly sliced diagonally
  • 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced diagonally
  • 1 small green/red Bell Pepper, sliced diagonally
  • 1 stalk/piece Onion Leeks, thinly sliced diagonally
  • 1 small Carrot, thinly sliced diagonally
  • 1/4 cup oyster sauce
  • 6 tablespoons water
  • 1/4 cup Bean Sprouts (togue)
  • salt and pepper to taste

Procedures:

  1. In a frying pan, heat oil and deep fry tofu until golden brown. Drain and let cool.
  2. In a wok, saute garlic, onions, mushrooms, carrots, bell pepper. 
  3. Cook until veggies are half-cooked.
  4. Add oyster sauce and water. 
  5. Add fried tofu and bean sprouts. Simmer for 2 minutes.
  6. Then add the onion leeks. 
  7. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
  8. Transfer to serving plate. Serve it hot!


Share and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment